The list of the Top Health benefits provided by Adaptogen Plants
Improving the overall well-being with Adaptogen Plants
Here is a list of the top health benefits provided by the Adaptogen Plants:
- Adaptogens support adrenal function by allowing cells access to more energy thus preventing oxidative damage caused by stress.
- Normalizing cellular metabolism, adaptogens lower the stress oxidative process thus the aging of the whole body.
- Because of their antioxidant, anti-inflammatory compounds and free radical scavenging effects, adaptogens help promote longevity.
- Adaptogens enhance the mood and fight mental tensions. Many adaptogens have in fact anxiolytic, antidepressant and nerve tonic effects.
- Adaptogens can help reduce inflammation and as a result reduce the pain associated with arthritic conditions.
- According to Russian research, adaptogens are fatigue-fighters: they have been proven to enhance athletic performance capacity increasing the amount of oxygen circulated to the brain and muscles.
- Adaptogens have a direct effect on nervous system’s health. They help to prevent and threat neurological problems including headaches, migraines, impaired memory and concentration, anxiety, depression, insomnia, Alzheimer’s disease, dementia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Adaptogens can increase respiratory demands during physical activity and decrease stress-induced shortness of breath and many inhibit allergies and allergic asthma.
- Many adaptogens have antitumor properties as well as immune enhancing actions that are useful as a part of the cancer protocol. They are use to promote production of tumor-fighting K and NK cells, interleukins, interferons and Th1 T lymphocytes.
- Most adaptogens are not cardiovascular tonics, but they do have numerous effects that are beneficial, including normalization of blood pressure, vascular protection, and mild blood thinning qualities, thereby decreasing the likelihood of blood of strokes.
- Adaptogens help to regulate blood sugar level by keeping cortisol level in balance and help enhance the body’s use of glucose. In this sense they contrast diabetes.
- By modulating blood sugar levels and cortisol, adaptogens support weight management and metabolism.
- Most adaptogens are not used as specific digestive tonics, but they support many aspects of digestion and absorption, including countering belly-fat, weight gain, regulating metabolism for effective weight management and antiulcer activity. In some cases, they stimulate digestive function.
- By providing antioxidant support, adaptogens support both the nervous system and eyesight.
- Adaptogens are important to support the immune system. They strengthen and modulate the immune system, enhance humoral and cellular immunity (increase T-cell and B-cell function). They are also used to treat immunological health problems such as viral infections, autoimmune disorders.
- Some adaptogens are hepatoprotective and help protect against liver damage and dysfunction.
- Adaptogens have a number of benefits for musculoskeletal health. The musculoskeletal system involves the body’s muscles and skeleton and it also includes the joints, ligaments, tendons and spinal discs. Adaptogens can help prevent and threat musculoskeletal health problems, including fibromyalgia and muscle pain in the back and neck and assist in recovery following trauma or surgery.
- Several adaptogens have been used to aid meditation and deliver nutrients to the mind that are necessary for the experience of enlivened consciousness. They can be used as a aid to elevate the mood and spirit and to calm the mind.
- Promoting the neuroendocrine balance, adaptogens work also to regulate and balance the sex hormones and reproductive functions. Some adaptogens can be used for sexual enhancement, especially in tired, depressed or anxious people. They increase libido in both men and women and may reduce the incidence of male and female infertility.
- Adaptogens improve the condition of the skin, hair and nails.
- Adaptogens help to normalize the production of cortisol. As far as cortisol is important to regulate or circadian rhymes, adaptogens help to contrast insomnia or related sleep problems.
- Adaptogens benefits the urinary system by decreasing inflammation and in some cases protecting the kidneys against drug-induced damage. They also reduce some urinary problems caused by aging.